Here are some of the pieces that I’ve revisited or discovered so far in one way or another during my brainstorming. Several of them were already on my iPod.
- Syrinx, by Claude Debussy
- Density 21.5, by Edgar Varèse
- Zoom Tube, by Ian Clarke
- Sweet Pea, by Project
- Vox Balaenae, by George Crumb
- Federico’s Little Songs for Children, by George Crumb
- Lux Aeterna, by George Crumb
- Velvet Hammer, by Sean Friar
- Bit of Everything, by Allison Loggins-Hull
- Stacked, by Allison Loggins-Hull
- Smorgasbord, by Nichole Chamberlain. I found this piece after running across her super-helpful extended techniques video on YouTube, which I’ve embedded below.
- Crosswalk, by Nichole Chamberlain
- Tamar, by Nichole Chamberlain