I love comedy, and I love music. I especially love when they’re put together! These first selections are quite humorous works that I came across when trying to gather inspiration for writing a viola solo, which I plan to perform later this school year (more on that later). I found them in the suggestions column of YouTube while listening to another piece. Videos for these two are below.
- Joan, Your Phone is Always Busy, by Paul Neubauer, for solo viola
- Chant d’Automne, by Ransom Wilson, for viola, cello and piano
Earlier, however, I discovered a few interesting pieces on DuoSolo‘s site:
- Zoom Tube, by Ian Clarke, for flute
- Trapset, by Harold Meltzer, for flute
- Etude No. 52, “Moody’s Blues”, by David Rakowski, for piano